Karna Puran is an Ayurvedic therapy that involves the administration of medicated oils or powders into the ears. It is believed to have a range of benefits and is often used as a preventive and therapeutic measure for ear-related conditions. Here’s an overview of the procedure and benefits of Karna Puran:
- The patient is made to lie on their side with the affected ear facing up.
- The therapist prepares the medicated oil or powder and warms it to body temperature.
- A small amount of the oil or powder is poured into the ear canal.
- The patient is asked to remain in the same position for a few minutes to allow the oil or powder to penetrate deep into the ear.
- The procedure is repeated for the other ear.
- Promotes ear health: Karna Puran is believed to help improve hearing and prevent ear infections.
- Relieves earache: The therapy can help to reduce pain and discomfort caused by ear infections or inflammation.
- Improves balance: Karna Puran is believed to help improve balance and coordination by stimulating the nerves in the ear.
- Calms the mind: The therapy can have a calming effect on the mind and help to reduce stress and anxiety.
- Balances the doshas: Karna Puran helps to balance the Vata, Pitta, and Kapha doshas, promoting overall ear health and well-being.
It is important to note that Karna Puran therapy should only be performed by a trained and qualified Ayurvedic practitioner. It may not be suitable for everyone and should be avoided in certain conditions, such as a ruptured eardrum or severe ear pain. It is important to consult with a qualified practitioner to determine whether Karna Puran is appropriate for your specific needs and health conditions.