Shashhvt Ayurveda clinic, has a separate, well equipped Ayurvaid: Shalakya Tantra Department functioning under the stewardship of acknowledged experts in treating Shalakya infirmities and distress conditions. Shalakya tantra encompasses the treatment for the diseases affecting the body parts located above the neck. This branch of Ayurveda deals with the causes, diagnosis and curative procedures of the diseases pertaining to organs of the Head, above the shoulder – Eyes, Ears, Lips, Nose, Throat, Teeth, Skull, Central Nervous System and Brain. We deal with all diseases above the clavicle through authentic Ayurveda chikitsa, complete with modern documentation processes including evidence building, adherence to international evaluation parameters and recording of testimonials.
The word Shalakya in Sanskrit, means a probe. Therefore, by Shalakya tantra, it is meant that the treatment would be done using appropriate tools for ingesting medication to the affected parts of the body. The branch is also described as Urdhwangchikitsa. Urdhwang means the body parts above the shoulder and Chikitsa which signifies treatment.
- Diagnoses and treats the symptoms and signs of the problem at the root cause level including contributory diet and lifestyle habits.
- In addition, comorbidities of a condition as well as coexisting metabolic/systemic diseases are corrected and reversed through this specialised Shalakya branch of Ayurveda.
- Freedom from steroids, and frequent antibiotic (local and internal) usage.
- Freedom from being compelled to use ‘artificial tears’ lifelong.
- Only medicines of natural origin are used
- Ayurveda prescription includes by default a personalised health plan covering diet and lifestyle to ensure sustained health benefits post-treatment.
Why Shashva: Shalakya?
- Treatment for serious and difficult Eye, ENT, Oral, Neuro, CA conditions without invasive procedures based on holistic and systematic approach.
- A trained, experienced and well qualified team of professionals who have handled severe and vulnerable cases with intense Ayurveda treatments delivering stupendous results.
- Correction and reversal of coexisting disease conditions also through this specialised branch.
At AyurVAID, both ocular and non-ocular symptoms of this condition are treated through systemic Panchakarma (five deep system cleansing therapies) and Kriyakalpas (special topical therapies that has both local and systemic effect) such as Aschyotanam, Sekam, Anjanam, Bidalakam, Tarpanam, Putapakam, Nasyam, Murdhni Tailam (Shiroabhyangam, Shirosekam/Dhara, Siropichu, Shirovasti), Talam.
The entire spectrum of classical Ayurveda therapies for root cause disease reversal of otherwise incurable eye conditions are performed at AyurVAID Hospitals under the direct supervision of senior, expert physicians and trained therapists in Ayurveda Ophthalmology.
The AyurVAID approach includes an appropriately integrated approach that leverages modern instrumentation, yet employs the purest Ayurveda practices for treatment. Instrumentation is used to establish the precise disease status from an anatomical, physiological, and bio-chemical perspective as expressed in the function of the affected sense organ.
AyurVAID seeks the specialized assistance of modern Ophthalmologists and other related streams are taken when necessary to rule out potential risk factors for Ayurveda management. Further, when the condition demands referral or a second opinion we do not hesitate to involve experts from modern medicine in the medical management. At all times, patient safety is uppermost and never compromised.
DISEASES UNDER EAR, NOSE, THROAT, MOUTH
Anosmia, Atrophic Rhinitis, Chronic Otitis Media, Ear Wax, Gingivitis, Nasal Polyp, Pharyngitis, Receding Gums, Sinusitis, Stomatitis, Tinnitus, Tonsilitis, Vertigo